I was recently asked by a coworker to veganize a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. It was one of her favourite homemade snacks, but she was shocked to learn how much oil and sugar was packed in to these things! So I got to work and these were created. A lighter version that's equally as delicious! My secret for getting the moistness without all the added oil is using coconut yogurt (my go-to is Yoso vanilla). Ready for your new go-to? Check out the recipe below!
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup stevia
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tso baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup coconut yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 and line or grease a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, stevia, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and stir until evenly mixed.
3. In a separate smaller bowl, mix the pumpkin, yogurt, vanilla, and almond milk until smooth. Add the wet into the dry and stir to form a batter.
4. Add in the chocolate chips and stir to evenly distribute.
5. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 of the way full and bake for 20-25 mins until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy! And be sure to let me know what you think over on Instagram.
Until next time! Love and light <3